Cuisines Of Kumaon – Sana Hua Neebu
This is a mouth watering snack savoured by Uttarakhand people on sunny winter days.
Ingredients : –
Big lemon 2 Medium (Large variety of lemons grown in Uttarakhand- available in specialty food stores)
Mooli 1 Medium (White radish)
Green chilies 2 Medium
Curd 400 Gram
Bhang 50 Gram
Roasted, grounded (Hemp seeds)
Sugar 4 Tablespoon, Honey 3 Tablespoon
Salt To Taste.
Directions : –
- 1. Peel the lemons, and then peel and de-seed lemon segments, breaking into halves.
- 2. Cut mooli lengthwise so as to obtain small pieces of 3 inch length.
- 3. Roast bhaang and grind with green chillies and salt.
- 4. Stir curd to make a smooth consistency.
Making : –
- 5. Mix the broken lemon segments, curd, mooli, honey, sugar and paste of bhang, green chillies and salt.
- 6. Adjust salt and sugar as per taste.
Serving : –
Serve the freshly prepared dish in small bowls.
By : Deepti Pant